I was tagged by the lovely Abby at Beyond the Read!! THANK YOU SO MUCH ABBY!! Work has been ramping up which means it took me forever to do this but here we are.
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
Oh lord. I think it started with following book bloggers on Twitter and/or following a bunch of bookstagram accounts on insta. From there, the idea of a blog of book reviews where I could talk/rant about my love of books sounds like a good idea. Beyond that, I have no idea what my inspiration was lol.
2. What is a popular trope in books that you can’t stand?
ALPHA MALES! Please jump off a cliff because I do not like you at all. Other than that, I’m not a huge fan of time travel or aliens. Sci-fi is clearly not my favorite genre.
3. What’s the most recent book that you rated 5 stars?
It was Running by Natalia Sylvester. OMG IT’S SO FREAKING GOOD. GO READ IT RIGHT NOW!
4. Do you like rainy days?
Sometimes. If it rains for like a week, no thank you. But if it happens occasionally, I’m good with that. I know I need sunshine to be a healthy person, but I also love water falling from the sky (which makes me sound like the weirdo I am).
5. What’s your favorite dessert?
This is going to be a list because…IT’S DESSERT
- tres leches cake
- donuts with custard filling
- pineapple upside down cake
- this strawberry cake I can get at my local supermarket
- lemon cake
- most ice cream
- strawberry milkshake
6. Do you have a pet?
I DO! My baby girl, Gracie. She is a miniature dachshund that I rescued a few years ago. In the description for her, they said she was anxious and based on that, I knew we would get along perfectly!
7. What is your favorite genre of music to listen to?
I am a sugar-y sweet pop lover. But I also listen to rock, R&B, a little bit of rap, and Beyonce who is in a genre of her own. But pop is what I seem to stick to. Although, I stay away from some of the more popular artists either because their songs don’t shoot electricity into my veins or for a variety of other reasons. My main artists are Florence and the Machine, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Halsey, Charlie XCX, Kesha, Marina and the Diamonds, and Kate Nash.
- What was the last book that made you cry?
- What movie have you watch too many times to count?
- Favorite TV show you will never get tired of?
- What’s something you collect besides books?
- You get to pick a song to narrate a day in your life, what is it?
- What would you like to achieve on your blog in the next year?
- Cutest gif you’ve ever seen?