Book friends!! I was nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award by two separate people! And neither of them was my mom! THE SHOCK! I was nominated by Lori at Lori’s Bookshelf Reads and Sahar at SLC Jewish Reader! Thank you so much!
Ok, let’s get to the tag!
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select up to 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment (or pingback) on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How Bookish Rantings Started
Ohhhh boy. First, this blog started off as a blog on my author/writer site. But once I realized that I was solely writing book reviews and not writing much else on, I moved it over here. The blog also coincided with the start of the Bookish Rantings bookstagram account.
I also already had a WordPress site and figured it would be easy to start another one that was for bookish things. Additionally, I was already following bookish blogs so I figured why not start my own!
- Take your time. Looking at other sites that are similar to your is great for inspiration, but time is the only thing that will allow you to figure out what your style is going to be and what makes your blog unique. My blog has vastly changed since I first started and it was really only trial and error that got me to where I am now. This goes for bookstagram too. Oh lord, my first photos. Yikes.
- I know this is difficult, but don’t look at the numbers. Or if you do, don’t tie your self-worth or your writing ability to them. They say nothing about you. Growing an audience takes time. Some people can do it in months and others need years. As long as you’re having fun, who gives a fuck whether people are responding. And for god’s sake, DO NOT COMPARE YOUR NUMBERS TO SOMEONE ELSE’S! It will get you nowhere but dumped in a pile of depression and jealousy. Do. Not. Do. It.
Who am I nominating?! There are no many options! I feel like a Golden Globe presenter:
Bookish Luna (Look at her bullet journal!!)
Novel Lives (One of my faves for book reviews)
KB Book Reviews (Love her posts and I think she is the only other person I know who has an 80% NetGalley badge)
A Lesbian and Her Laptop (Are you following her?? Why not??)
Reading Ladies (A new fave!)
Dear Dominique (I love her school diary posts!)